Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2005/04/22 05:19:39 UTC

ServerRealmConfigurationEntry

As I understand the security setup, in the deployment plan we can set up
the indirection between the application's realm name (from the standard
DD) and a GenericSecurityRealm that defines the physical realm.

If this is true, why do we need ServerRealmConfigurationEntry's at all?
Aren't they introducing a level of indirection that isn't needed?

Is the benefit here that you can define the principal mapping against a
logical realm name and then map that in one place to the physical realm
name? If so, could this be done with a simple plan element rather than
making the user define a GBean?

--
Jeremy