Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by bruce <30...@qq.com> on 2019/10/17 11:38:55 UTC

Any Risk to replace the mina sshd dependencied libarary mina-core to verion 2.1.x?

 Since Mina Core has been released version 2.1.x which incompantible with
2.0.x.   and the MINA SSHD depended on the MINA Core 2.0.x as the offical
website said.
     So, my question is:  Is it safe to replace SSHD's dependency to 2.1.x
in my project in pom.xml. ( I have tried to do so , and it's compilered
sucessfully, but I still uncertain if there are  any other problems)
     Thanks for  your kind help!

<dependencyManagement>
        <dependencies>
             <dependency>
                   <groupId>org.apache.mina</groupId>
                   <artifactId>mina-core</artifactId>
                   <version>2.1.3>
               </dependency>
         <dependencies>
</dependencyManagement>

<dependencies>
    <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.sshd</groupId>
            <artifactId>sshd-mina</artifactId>
            <version>2.2.0</version>
             <exclusions>
                   <exclusion>
                      <groupId>org.apache.mina</groupId>
                      <artifactId>mina-core</artifactId>
                    </exclusion>
             </exclusions>
    <dependency>
</dependencies>

-----
Hello World
24928705037
--
Sent from: http://apache-mina.10907.n7.nabble.com/Apache-MINA-Developer-Forum-f6809.html

Re: Any Risk to replace the mina sshd dependencied libarary mina-core to verion 2.1.x?

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bruce,

the difference between MINA 2.0 and 2.1 is explained on this page :
http://mina.apache.org/mina-project/2.1-vs-2.0.html

I don't think that impacts SSHd, as sshd-mina module does not check if
the session is secured, it is supposed to be secured anyway !

FTR, the mechanism is generally used when one switch from an unsecured
session to a secured session by the mean of establishing a TLS session
at some point (typically, this is what we do when sending a startTLS
extended request in LDAP). You do'nt have such thing on SSHd.

Guillaume, Lior, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.