Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ght230 <gh...@163.com> on 2016/08/22 14:54:08 UTC

How to stop ignite node gracefully

Usually we use command "kill" to stop an Ignite instance. But sometimes this
process will take a very long time.

So we try to use command "kill -9" instead. But it may make some off-heap
memory not be fully released and cause system memory leaks.

I want to know is it normal? And is there any other gracefully ways to stop
an ignite instance.

Re: How to stop ignite node gracefully

Posted by yucigou <yu...@gmail.com>.
In addition to "kill -9", you can also use ignitevisorcmd.sh, and then use
the open command to connect Visor console to the grid. Now you can just type
"kill" to use the kill command in an interactive way, to stop/restart an
Ignite node, gracefully I suppose.

Re: How to stop ignite node gracefully

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Most likely it cleans up resources, e.g. off-heap memory.

-Val

Re: How to stop ignite node gracefully

Posted by ght230 <gh...@163.com>.
Do you know why sometimes it take quite a long time to stop an Ignite
instance by command "kill"?

Re: How to stop ignite node gracefully

Posted by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

When you invoke kill -9 application closing and all resources associated
with the process are released. Therefore kill -9 should not cause a memory
leak.

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 5:54 PM, ght230 <gh...@163.com> wrote:

> Usually we use command "kill" to stop an Ignite instance. But sometimes
> this
> process will take a very long time.
>
> So we try to use command "kill -9" instead. But it may make some off-heap
> memory not be fully released and cause system memory leaks.
>
> I want to know is it normal? And is there any other gracefully ways to stop
> an ignite instance.

Vladislav Pyatkov