Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Joe Smith <ap...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/13 18:13:09 UTC

any file size limit to upload?

I implemented file upload mechanism using Apache's common file upload. Everything is fine and I am able to do the file upload. However, I just tried attaching a file (12MB in size) and got this message "page can not be displayed" in the web browser. I have no idea what's going on. The code should be fine, because I tested different file size up to 2MB. Any ideas? Is there a file size limit?

Please advise. Thanks!!

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Upload large file problem

Posted by Joe Smith <ap...@yahoo.com>.
20MB cannot give me UnknownSizeException. This is adnormal behavior? No, I didn't see any log and exceptions at all, so you think it is not related to Apache common file upload?

please advise more. thanks

Howard Lin <xu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Your problem is different. (20MB will not give you
UnknownSizeException.) Do you have any trace/logs on the server from
your servlet?

Howard

Posted by Howard Lin <xu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Smith <ap...@yahoo.com>.
But I don't get any exception, the browser just display "The page cannot be displayed". I couldn't get any error at all.

Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com> wrote:Did you see the list exchanges entitled "FileUpload :
UnknownSizeException on a file of 3Go"?

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:51:36 -0800 (PST), Joe Smith wrote:
> I am using common file upload. When I tried to upload a large 20MB file and test it in my local machine, i.e, upload it to local machine, everything is fine.
>
> However, after deploying the application to the server, and run from there, then it display
> "The page cannot be displayed" after 1 minute, the file cannot upload at all.
> I posted this problem before, and someone suggested it maybe the time out problem. The timeout from where? I am using Websphere Application Server. Any possible roots to this problem, and what I can do now?
>
> Please adivse. thanks a lot!!

> http://mail.yahoo.com

~Dakota Jack~

~Native Proverb~

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:51:36 -0800 (PST), Joe Smith <ap...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am using common file upload. When I tried to upload a large 20MB file and test it in my local machine, i.e, upload it to local machine, everything is fine.
>
> However, after deploying the application to the server, and run from there, then it display
> "The page cannot be displayed" after 1 minute, the file cannot upload at all.
> I posted this problem before, and someone suggested it maybe the time out problem. The timeout from where? I am using Websphere Application Server. Any possible roots to this problem, and what I can do now?
>
> Please adivse. thanks a lot!!

> http://mail.yahoo.com

~Dakota Jack~

~Native Proverb~

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Joe,

I was expecting one of the mavens to respond to you.  If they don't
soon, I will.

Jack

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:51:36 -0800 (PST), Joe Smith <ap...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am using common file upload. When I tried to upload a large 20MB file and test it in my local machine, i.e, upload it to local machine, everything is fine.
>
> However, after deploying the application to the server, and run from there, then it display
> "The page cannot be displayed" after 1 minute, the file cannot upload at all.
> I posted this problem before, and someone suggested it maybe the time out problem. The timeout from where? I am using Websphere Application Server. Any possible roots to this problem, and what I can do now?
>
> Please adivse. thanks a lot!!

> http://mail.yahoo.com

~Dakota Jack~

~Native Proverb~

Upload large file problem

Re: any file size limit to upload?

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
There is no limit imposed by Commons FileUpload, other than any limit
you configure via the sizeMax property. The message you are seeing,
though, suggests that the problem may be a request timeout issue,
rather than a FileUpload one.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Joe,

You might want to check the list for entries on this problem.  I mean
this in a helpful sense, and not in any sardonic sense.

Jack

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:13:09 -0800 (PST), Joe Smith <ap...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I implemented file upload mechanism using Apache's common file upload. Everything is fine and I am able to do the file upload. However, I just tried attaching a file (12MB in size) and got this message "page can not be displayed" in the web browser. I have no idea what's going on. The code should be fine, because I tested different file size up to 2MB. Any ideas? Is there a file size limit?
>
> Please advise. Thanks!!

> http://mail.yahoo.com

~Dakota Jack~

~Native Proverb~