Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Benoit DOLEZ <bd...@exosec.fr> on 2005/05/24 20:00:16 UTC

cache returned header in 304

Hello,

My configuration is :
- web server with Apache 1.3.33 (WEB)
- reverse-proxy with Apache 1.3.33 (tested with ProxyPass[Reverse] and
      RewriteRule) (PROXY) (no DefaultType configured)
- reverse-cache-proxy with Apache 1.3.33 (CACHE)

When I do a request on a picture that return 304 (not modified) on WEB, it returns
HTTP/1.0 304 Not Modified
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 17:23:36 GMT
Server: Apache
ETag: "7af-33-4194f50a"

When I do the same request on PROXY, it returns
HTTP/1.0 304 Not Modified
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 17:23:30 GMT
Server: Apache
ETag: "7af-33-4194f50a"

And then the cache (CACHE) stores 'test/plain' as Content-Type, and remove the
good 'image/png' one.

There was an error like this with 'Content-Length': no content are returned
but "false/default" headers are store in the cache.

The patch, I send, remove all critical Content-... headers.

Benoit

--
Benoit DOLEZ, EXOSEC (http://www.exosec.fr/)
12 av des Pres - BL233, 78059 St Quentin en Yvelines cedex