Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by waseemfa <fa...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/07 15:46:49 UTC

Dynamic sampler request to be created

Hi,

I have a requirement where in based on the number of arguments specified in
the Input file, the get/post parameters should be dynamically created to be
put in the post request.link[0] = 23link[0] = 23

Ex: csv File value
23,24,25

The sampler should create three HTTP post parameters like
link[0] = 23
link[1] = 24
link[2] = 25

Can this be achieved through Jmeter

Thanks for the help in advance.

-Waseem

Re: Dynamic sampler request to be created

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
possible( but not directly with a CSV as you have modeled it since jmeter
doesnt deal with variable number of columns in CSV data set config)

http://theworkaholic.blogspot.com/2010/03/dynamic-parameters-in-jmeter.htmlshows
you how to add dynamic parameters.

The additional step is to say have your CSV file like
23~24~25
1~2~3~4
I have used ~ as the delimiter for the values , but the CSV data set config
will still specify "," as the delimiter i.e. you will read all your values
as 1 column.

In your beanshell pre processor you simply read
String values = vars.get("variableNameYouSpecifiedInCSVDataSetConfig");
String[] valueArr = values.split("~");

and then follow the blog post where it loops through the variables and adds
it to the sampler.

regards
deepak