Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Simon McClenahan <Si...@stellent.com> on 2002/08/09 21:55:05 UTC

Bleeding edge Axis

I'm anxious to try out the unsigned type support in Axis. Are they currently supported in WSDL2Java, right now? I downloaded the nightly build from 2002-08-09, but I still get unsupported type errors. Will initial support in WSDL2Java be ready when I come in to work on Monday morning? :-D If not, do I have to download and compile the source from CVS?

cheers,
	Simon

Best way to pass info to deployed objects

Posted by Colin Sampaleanu <co...@exis.com>.
I am trying to swtich from Glue to Axis, and am trying to come to terms
with the different ways of deploying/binding objects. In Glue, you
typically create an object, then bind it/deploy it. What is useful with
this scheme is that obviously you can call whatever constructor you
want, and generally set up the object as needed before you make it
available via SOAP.

When using Axis and deploying via a *.wsdd file, what is condidered the
best way to get the objects in the state you need them, given that Axis
will construct the object as needed, and there doesn't appear to be any
way to even pass params into it?