Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by NormW <no...@gknw.net> on 2015/08/24 05:53:12 UTC

modules\http2 - H2Engine directive?

Hi,
The 'H2Engine on' directive is identified in the Readme.h2 as the most
important, but except for a number of 'Directive' lists and a h2.conf
template file. this appears to be unknown within the http2 C source or
the 'manual'(en) reference for mod_h2. Is this directive something of
the past or future perhaps?
Regards,
Norm

Re: modules\http2 - H2Engine directive?

Posted by NormW <no...@gknw.net>.
Hi Stefan,
Thanks for the clarification!
A text search for 'H2Engine' shows it in a number of other languages
under '.\manual\mod\directives', 'manual\mod\quickreference' and in
'\docs\conf\extra\httpd-h2.conf.in'.
HTH,
Thanks,
Norm

Posted by NormW <no...@gknw.net>.
Good evening,
Just a 'guess'.... Use a Protocols directive in one vhost that doesn't
have h2 and dirivitives
Norm

Posted by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de>.
> Am 27.08.2015 um 10:22 schrieb jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>:
>
> On 08/24/2015 10:06 AM, Stefan Eissing wrote:
>> Ni Norm,
>>
>> yes, I removed it last week
>
> If I want on VirtualHost with h2 support and another one without how should I do that? (that is for demo purpose)
>
> Cheers
>
> Jean-Frederic

The default for "Protocols" is: everything. My thinking: when a Server loads mod_h2, it wants it enabled.

1st way (just do it):
<vhost *:443>
  ServerName with.example.org
</vhost>

<vhost *:443>
  ServerName without.example.org
  Protocols http/1.1
</vhost>

1st way (explicit h2, excluding any other in future enabled protocol):
Protocols h2 http/1.1
<vhost *:443>
  ServerName with.example.org
</vhost>

<vhost *:443>
  ServerName without.example.org
  Protocols http/1.1
</vhost>

2nd way (the careful way):
Protocols http/1.1

Posted by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de>.
One more thing.

If you want to demo with chrome, you need to enforce server order of protocols, since chrome currently specifies ALPN protocols in the wrong order. Chrome Bug is open and assigned.

So, for now you might want to do:

    Protocols h2 http/1.1
    ProtocolsHonorOrder on

Firefox, curl, python works right out of the box.

//Stefan

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Eissing <st...@greenbytes.de>.
Ni Norm,