Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by saisantoshi <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/06 08:56:20 UTC

Lucene 4.0 chokes on multiple requests

We recently upgraded to Lucen4.0 and found performance issues in searching
the results. Upon some analysis, we found that it chokes when there are
multiple requests coming for lucene search.

User1 -> Search
User2  -> search
User3 -> search

The search request done by User Search1 is still waiting to finish while
user2 and user3 are finished. Not sure if someone facing any performance
issues on Lucene 4.0

Thanks,
Sai.

Re: Lucene 4.0 chokes on multiple requests

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Lucene is normally fully concurrent during searching and indexing, so
it should not 'choke' when there are multiple searches in flight.

Try getting a thread dump to see where each search is spending its effort?

What Directory implementation, OS, filesystem, JVM are you using?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com