Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Stefano Baghino <st...@teralytics.ch> on 2017/08/03 06:47:38 UTC

Mesos with Python: mesos.native is missing

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to use Apache Mesos to run jobs automated with Apache Airflow
(workflow management).

In order to run Airflow on top of Marathon (which we need to have Airflow
automatically restart in case of failure), I created a container
(Dockerfile here
<https://gist.github.com/stefanobaghino/50b2919eef6acb108d3647ccf570d937#file-dockerfile>)
and then provided the necessary environment variables to let it know to: 1)
use Mesos and 2) where to find the Mesos master. The problem arises when I
launch the container: apparently, `mesos.native` is missing (stacktrace here
<https://gist.github.com/stefanobaghino/50b2919eef6acb108d3647ccf570d937#file-stderr>).
I tried installing `mesos` or `mesos.native` via pip in the container but
both appear to not be there (`mesos` is actually there when you search, but
there is no actual package to install as it's just a placeholder).

Is my diagnosis correct? How can I install the required Mesos packages?
Both the container definition and the error stacktrace are available in
this gist
<https://gist.github.com/stefanobaghino/50b2919eef6acb108d3647ccf570d937#file-stderr>.
Thanks!

--
Stefano Baghino | TERALYTICS
*software engineer*

Teralytics AG | Zollstrasse 62 | 8005 Zurich | Switzerland
phone: +41 43 508 24 57
email: stefano.baghino@teralytics.ch
www.teralytics.net

Company registration number: CH-020.3.037.709-7 | Trade register Canton
Zurich
Board of directors: Georg Polzer, Luciano Franceschina, Mark Schmitz, Yann
de Vries

This e-mail message contains confidential information which is for the sole
attention and use of the intended recipient. Please notify us at once if
you think that it may not be intended for you and delete it immediately.

Re: Mesos with Python: mesos.native is missing

Posted by Stefano Baghino <st...@teralytics.ch>.
As a follow up to my message this morning, I've been able to to finally
make the whole thing work: Airflow is dockerized and deployed on Marathon
and uses Mesos as an executor. To solve the problem, I copied a small
portion of the official Mesos image to install Mesos on the container. I
then copied the installed Python bindings to a directory where those could
be found at runtime. I have updated the original gist and here
<https://gist.github.com/stefanobaghino/50b2919eef6acb108d3647ccf570d937/revisions>
you can see what I changed.

Posted by Hitec Adam Cecile <ad...@hitec.lu>.
Hello,