Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de> on 2006/07/16 00:22:32 UTC

Re: svn commit: r422298 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/support: ./ Makefile.in

* pquerna@apache.org wrote:

> Modified: httpd/httpd/trunk/support/Makefile.in

> +ifneq (win32,${OS})
> +  PROGRAMS += checkgid fcgistarter
> +endif
> +

I'm not a Makefile guru, but that doesn't look really portable (or do we
require a particular make version?). I'd think anyway, that such stuff
should be done by configure (but I've got not much fu there either...)

nd
--
package Hacker::Perl::Another::Just;print
qq~@{[reverse split/::/ =>__PACKAGE__]}~;

#  André Malo  #  http://www.perlig.de  #

Re: svn commit: r422298 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/support: ./ Makefile.in

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 12:22:32AM +0200, André Malo wrote:
>> * pquerna@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> Modified: httpd/httpd/trunk/support/Makefile.in
>>> +ifneq (win32,${OS})
>>> +  PROGRAMS += checkgid fcgistarter
>>> +endif
>>> +
>> I'm not a Makefile guru, but that doesn't look really portable (or do we
>> require a particular make version?). I'd think anyway, that such stuff
>> should be done by configure (but I've got not much fu there either...)
>
> It's not, ifneq is a GNU make extension; yes, it needs to be done in
> configure.

Aside from which, it seems silly (after a pass through configure) to make
deterministic choices like this at make time :)

Re: svn commit: r422298 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/support: ./ Makefile.in

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On 7/17/06, Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com> wrote:
> I have reverted the ifneq in r422925. Any suggestions on how to best go
> around making this configured from configure?

EXTRA_PROGRAMS=
case $host in
  *mingw*)
    ;;
  *)
   EXTRA_PROGRAMS="fcgisupport blah blah blah"
   ;;
esac
AC_SUBST(EXTRA_PROGRAMS)

Makefile.in

PROGRAMS = ... httpd @EXTRA_PROGRAMS@

That's the 30-second off-the-top-of-my-head version.  HTH.  -- justin

Re: svn commit: r422298 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/support: ./ Makefile.in

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 12:22:32AM +0200, André Malo wrote:
>> * pquerna@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> Modified: httpd/httpd/trunk/support/Makefile.in
>>> +ifneq (win32,${OS})
>>> +  PROGRAMS += checkgid fcgistarter
>>> +endif
>>> +
>> I'm not a Makefile guru, but that doesn't look really portable (or do we
>> require a particular make version?). I'd think anyway, that such stuff
>> should be done by configure (but I've got not much fu there either...)
>
> It's not, ifneq is a GNU make extension; yes, it needs to be done in
> configure.

I have reverted the ifneq in r422925. Any suggestions on how to best go
around making this configured from configure?

Thanks,

-Paul

Re: svn commit: r422298 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/support: ./ Makefile.in

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 12:22:32AM +0200, André Malo wrote:
> * pquerna@apache.org wrote:
>
> > Modified: httpd/httpd/trunk/support/Makefile.in
>
> > +ifneq (win32,${OS})
> > +  PROGRAMS += checkgid fcgistarter
> > +endif
> > +
>
> I'm not a Makefile guru, but that doesn't look really portable (or do we
> require a particular make version?). I'd think anyway, that such stuff
> should be done by configure (but I've got not much fu there either...)

It's not, ifneq is a GNU make extension; yes, it needs to be done in
configure.

joe