Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by "Emiko Y. Shinohara" <ey...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/20 06:37:17 UTC

some problems in README

Hello,

I am writing this email because I'd like to report some problems in
README of UIMA SDK 2.4.0.

1. typo:
In the description of the build:
  "set the environment variable MAVEN_OPTS to -Xmx800m -XX:MaxPerSize-256m."

"-XX:MaxPerSize-256m" is a typo and "-XX:MaxPermSize=256m" is correct.

2. difficult
In the description of the environment variable:
 "After you have unpacked the Apache UIMA distribution from the
package of your choice (e.g. .zip or .gz), ..."
This was a little bit difficult for me.
It could be helpful for inexperienced people to explain the
distribution is in a new directory created by mvn command.

Thanks,
 Emiko

Re: some problems in README

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

On 6/20/2012 12:37 AM, Emiko Y. Shinohara wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am writing this email because I'd like to report some problems in
> README of UIMA SDK 2.4.0.
>
> 1. typo:
> In the description of the build:
>   "set the environment variable MAVEN_OPTS to -Xmx800m -XX:MaxPerSize-256m."
>
> "-XX:MaxPerSize-256m" is a typo and "-XX:MaxPermSize=256m" is correct.

OK, Thanks for reporting this.  I've fixed it and will check it into the trunk.

> 2. difficult
> In the description of the environment variable:
>  "After you have unpacked the Apache UIMA distribution from the
> package of your choice (e.g. .zip or .gz), ..."
> This was a little bit difficult for me.
> It could be helpful for inexperienced people to explain the
> distribution is in a new directory created by mvn command.

I didn't quite follow what you wanted this changed to.  Did you mean to say that
the distribution is in a new directory created by the unzipping or untarring
command you used to unpack the distribution?

-Marshall