Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com> on 2016/01/25 15:51:41 UTC

Ignite Readme.IO UX issue

Hi!

Does someone knows it is possible or not to "sync" left pane with
documentation categories and right pane with content of some selected
category?

For example: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/igfs

I see some IGFS documentation, but on the left pane I do not see selected
category "IGFS", I need to scroll down. This is very annoying when you are
reading several related topics - you need to scroll every time.

As I know readme.io is a kind of CMS, so who knows how to open an issue for
them?
Do they have any kind of JIRA / mail list / support forum?

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems

Re: Ignite Readme.IO UX issue

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 09:28AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> Hadoop/IGFS documentation is being refactored right now. Could be a side
> effect of what you were observing.
>
> Btw, everyone with login to readme can file a support issue. However, I
> would not do it yet, while Prachi is still working on refactoring.

Is there a JIRA for this? Would be easier to track, perhaps

Re: Re: Ignite Readme.IO UX issue

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
This is just a bug in Readme caused mainly by me adding and deleting
versions with the same name. The whole documentation is updated in GIT.

I have filed a bug with readme, and they should fix it soon. To move the
documentation into our own MD format would be a huge undertaking right now.
I think we should give readme team a chance to fix this issue.

D.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Hi Yujie Li,

Re: Ignite Readme.IO UX issue

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Hi Yujie Li,

Can you please suggest what official github backup function you would like
us to enable? I can’t find anything directly in Github, other than just a
zip download.

Thanks,
D.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 4:05 AM, 李玉珏@163 <18...@163.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I have seen the changes in the document. I also found that part of the
> DataGrid has added a new section called "Lock".
> I maintain manual approach is, first from github document backup find
> changes, then according to the change point to find the online version of
> the difference and according to the online version do translation to ensure
> document consistency, because I know there is a part of the document is not
> open.
> So, I would like to have the official github backup function, otherwise I
> can't know what parts of the document have changed.
>
> 在 16/1/27 11:11, Dmitriy Setrakyan 写道:
>
> The version that corresponds to the documentation translated in Chinese is
>> 1.5.0-b1:
>> https://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.5-b1
>>
>> The new v.1.5 contains mainly the following changes:
>> - Hadoop and Spark were moved to a separate space:
>> https://apacheignite-fs.readme.io/docs
>> - Every category has an overview session now, e.g. Clustering, Data
>> Structures, etc.
>>
>> You should be able to compare the GIT repos to apply the changes. Let me
>> know if you have more questions.
>>
>> D.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 4:13 AM, 李玉珏@163 <18...@163.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi:
>>>
>>> I found that there was update on the online manual, but the GitHub backup
>>> is not updated.What is the reason?
>>>
>>> Https://github.com/apacheignite/documentation/tree/v1.5
>>>
>>> I was through the GitHub document to update the Chinese version of the
>>> document, if you do not have this backup, I can not know that the
>>> document
>>> has been adjusted.
>>>
>>> 在 16/1/26 01:28, Dmitriy Setrakyan 写道:
>>>
>>> Hadoop/IGFS documentation is being refactored right now. Could be a side

Re: Ignite Readme.IO UX issue

Posted by 李玉...@163, 18...@163.com.

Re: Ignite Readme.IO UX issue

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.