Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/14 06:34:59 UTC

Metron rest db issues

Hi ,

I followed the instructions in
https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HCP1/HCP-1.3.0/bk_installation/content/installing_rest_app.html
to set up the metron rest db . I have used the profile as dev. But whenever
I restart the metron rest , I am getting the below error.

Caused by: org.springframework.dao.DuplicateKeyException:
PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [insert into users (username, password,
enabled) values (?,?,?)Duplicate entry 'user' for key 'PRIMARY'; nested
exception is com.mysql.jdbc.excepti$

        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.doTranslate(SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.java:242)
~[metron-rest-0.7.1.jar:?]

I deleted the schema and recreated again as mentioned in the link above.
How can we disable the users being inserted every time during metron rest
start up .

Thanks ,

Hema

Re: Metron rest db issues

Posted by Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com>.
Ryan,

Thanks for your reply. I want to know how using as dev profile , inserts
users. Where can I find that in the code. What are all the profile options
available.

Thanks and regards
Hema

Re: Metron rest db issues

Posted by Ryan Merriman <me...@gmail.com>.

Re: Metron rest db issues

Posted by Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Metron rest db issues

Posted by Srikanth Nagarajan <sr...@gandivanetworks.com>.
Hi - If you are using Ambari interface to start and stop the Metron and
associated processes this should not happen.  I had similar issue only during
the install once upon a command line start of the process.

Thanks

Srikanth

> On March 14, 2019 at 2:34 AM Hema malini <nh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi ,
>

> ____

> I followed the instructions
in<https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HCP1/HCP-1.3.0/bk_installation/content/installing_rest_app.html>
to set up the metron rest db . I have used the profile as dev. But whenever I
restart the metron rest , I am getting the below error. __ __

>  ____

> Caused by: org.springframework.dao.DuplicateKeyException:
PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [insert into users (username, password,
enabled) values (?,?,?)Duplicate entry 'user' for key 'PRIMARY'; nested
exception is com.mysql.jdbc.excepti$ __ __

> at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.doTranslate(SQLErrorCodeSQLExceptionTranslator.java:242)
~[metron-rest-0.7.1.jar:?] __ __

>  ____

> I deleted the schema and recreated again as mentioned in the link above. How
can we disable the users being inserted every time during metron rest start up
. __ __

>  ____

> ____

> Thanks , __ __