Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "bit1129@163.com" <bi...@163.com> on 2015/06/24 12:44:11 UTC

How to run Kafka in background

Hi,

I am using kafak 0.8.2.1 , and when I startup Kafka with the script:  ./kafka-server-start.sh ../config/server.1.properties &

I think it will run as background process, but when i close the terminal, the server is shutdown, which looks that it doesn't run in background

Then how can I run it in background? Thanks!

bit1129@163.com

Re: How to run Kafka in background

Posted by Manikumar Reddy <ku...@nmsworks.co.in>.
You can pass "-daemon" config property to kafka startup script.
./kafka-server-start.sh -daemon ../config/server.1.properties

Posted by ram kumar <ra...@gmail.com>.
try it as
nohup ./kafka-server-start.sh ../config/server.1.properties &