Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by H�kon Hansen <hh...@mkt.no> on 2002/06/03 18:23:10 UTC

Re: Tomcat / JBoss / JNDI lookup not working - HELP!

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:48:14 -0500
"Miller, Andy" <An...@hp.com> wrote:

> I have seperate instances of Tomcat and JBoss running on the same
> machine.  I'm trying to do a JNDI lookup of a JMS queue that's
> configured in JBoss from Tomcat but cannot get it to work.

I have not taken the time to fully analyze your problem, but I have
had similar problems with JNDI lookups JBoss 3.0 / Tomcat 4.0.

What I had to do, was to set the initial factory as a System property
before creating the InitialContext for the first time, like this:

System.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial",
    "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");

Good luck!

Yours, Haakon Hansen, Norway