Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <mr...@apache.org> on 2010/06/27 08:02:47 UTC

ODE PMC chair

Hi all,

As some of you may have noticed, I've been far less active than I used to
around here for several months. I've been working on ODE's predecessors
(Twister and then Agila) and ODE for quite some time, first starting as a
hobby and then full time. And it's really been a blast. But I've taken on a
new job last year which doesn't involve ODE and takes pretty much all my
time and then some (startups...).

So I think it's a good time for a new chair, I should probably have proposed
that a little earlier anyway, change is often a good thing. It's customary
in this case to go through a nomination phase before going to votes, so I'd
like to invite committers and PMC members to nominate themselves or someone
else as a candidate for new PMC chair, after I resign. I'll wait the usual
72 hours before starting the vote.

Cheers!
Matthieu

Re: ODE PMC chair

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
If I read correctly Matthieu's email, we're not voting yet, just nominating
candidates :)

That said, my +1 goes to Tammo as well. He's an excellent candidate.

Re: ODE PMC chair

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Jeff Yu

----------------
blog: http://jeff.familyyu.net

Re: ODE PMC chair

Posted by Rafal Rusin <ra...@intalio.com>.
+1 for Tammo from me.

Matthieu, you work on ODE was outstanding. You're legend.

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Milinda Pathirage
<mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's my +1 for Tammo.
>
> Thanks
> Milinda
>
> On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks Matthieu for all your hard work. I hope you stick around and
>> implement more Simpel!
>>
>> On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 23:03, Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > And I get the chance to nominate Tammo first :)
>> >
>> > Matthieu

>> on
>> my

>> It's
>> > resign.

> --
> Milinda Pathirage
> Technical Lead & Product Manager WSO2 BPS; http://wso2.org/bps
> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
> E-mail: milinda@wso2.com, milinda.pathirage@gmail.com
> Web: http://mpathirage.com
> Blog: http://blog.mpathirage.com

RafaƂ Rusin
http://rrusin.blogspot.com

Re: ODE PMC chair

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
Here's my +1 for Tammo.

Re: ODE PMC chair

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Re: ODE PMC chair

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.

Re: ODE PMC chair

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Matthieu, you did an awesome job as committer and PMC chair. I'd love to
see your comeback when time permits. Thanks for all the hard work and
for introducing me to the Apache family!

Cheers,
  Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de