Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Hanish Bansal <ha...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/11 16:30:47 UTC

Ranger HBase plugin error

Hi,

I installed ranger hbase plugin in Hbase-0.99.2.

When i restart hbase after applying plugin, it is giving below error in
hbase region-server logs:

2014-12-11 19:43:14,537 ERROR [RS_OPEN_REGION-impetus-d962centos:16201-0]
handler.OpenRegionHandler: Failed open of
region=hbase:namespace,,1418299477456.1c88744a822397485ee55e2ace68970f.,
starting to roll back the global memstore size.
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.security.AccessDeniedException: Insufficient
permissions for user 'root (auth:SIMPLE)' (global, action=ADMIN)
    at
com.xasecure.authorization.hbase.XaSecureAuthorizationCoprocessor.requirePermission(XaSecureAuthorizationCoprocessor.java:332)
    at
com.xasecure.authorization.hbase.XaSecureAuthorizationCoprocessor.preOpen(XaSecureAuthorizationCoprocessor.java:685)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost$1.call(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:332)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost$RegionOperation.call(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:1575)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost.execOperation(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:1650)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost.execOperation(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:1607)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RegionCoprocessorHost.preOpen(RegionCoprocessorHost.java:328)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.initializeRegionInternals(HRegion.java:741)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.initialize(HRegion.java:725)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.openHRegion(HRegion.java:4797)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.openHRegion(HRegion.java:4768)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.openHRegion(HRegion.java:4739)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.openHRegion(HRegion.java:4695)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.openHRegion(HRegion.java:4646)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.handler.OpenRegionHandler.openRegion(OpenRegionHandler.java:356)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.handler.OpenRegionHandler.process(OpenRegionHandler.java:126)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.executor.EventHandler.run(EventHandler.java:128)
    at
    at
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

After some retires HBase master goes down.

The error is coming due to permissions of hbase system table: namespace.

Please let me know how can I resolve this issue ?

--
*Thanks & Regards*
*Hanish Bansal*

Re: Ranger HBase plugin error