Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be> on 2004/07/25 23:33:49 UTC

[Launcher] release 1.0

Launcher was imported into jakarta commons almost 2 years ago (25 okt
2002) but never had a release. The thing missing was a simple example
to get new users started.
Alban Peignier contributed this example, I added it to CVS.

So we're ready to release IMHO.
The site is build using maven, the component (and example) is build
using an ant build.
dev-build can be found here:
http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/builds/

Unless somebody see a mayor problem I would like to start the release
process for launcher, lets say release target date in 3 weeks.

Is this enough review time for everybody?
I'm especially looking at the tomcat team as they are the main users.
Other RC testers are also invited of cource...

(please reply to common-dev)

-- Dirk

Re: [Launcher] release 1.0

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
Actually the startup-using-launcher tomcat script are much smaller
then the other original ones:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/bin/startup-using-launcher.sh?content-type=text%2Fplain&rev=1.1

Yes, VM paramers are fulle supported
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/launcher/src/bin/launcher.xml?rev=1.1.1.1&view=auto

Create a set of (conditionally) JVM arguments
   <jvmargset id="base.jvm.args">
     <jvmarg value="-sourcepath" if="jdb"/>
     <jvmarg path="${app.home}/../src/java" if="jdb"/>
     <jvmarg value="-Xdebug" if="jpda.settings"/>
     <jvmarg value="-Xrunjdwp:${jpda.settings}" if="jpda.settings"/>
   </jvmargset>

and refer it from the launch command
   <jvmargset refid="base.jvm.args"/>

Just as flexible as you would expect :-)

-- Dirk

Re: [Launcher] release 1.0