Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2002/06/13 01:40:41 UTC

XML->HTML

Now that Mozilla is refusing to display XML, I tried the conversion
processe.

Is it *supposed* to convert all the docs all over again? That seems
undesirable.

The 'site' cvs repository has a different conversion process. Is there
any chance we can all agree on something, and not have to remember
several different ways to do this?

I know it is a little late to start bitching about this, but I've been
just using Mozilla as an xml viewer up til now.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://kenya.rcbowen.com/

Re: XML->HTML

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Rich Bowen wrote:
> > Now that Mozilla is refusing to display XML, I tried the conversion
> > processe.
>
> I'd really like to figure out why this isn't working in Mozilla.  Is it
> just the apache docs, or is mozilla not working at all for xslt at the
> moment?  Personally, I've had near zero success with it for a long time.

It quit working when I upgraded past .9.7

> > Is it *supposed* to convert all the docs all over again? That seems
> > undesirable.
> >

> Which method are you using?  The "recommended" technique is build.sh,
> which calls ant.  It should not regenerate docs that don't change.

I'm using build.sh

--
Who can say where the road goes
Where the day flows

Re: XML->HTML

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Which method are you using?  The "recommended" technique is build.sh,
> which calls ant.  It should not regenerate docs that don't change.

OK, it did this the first time, but appears to have updated only the
time stamps. There were no diffs. We seem to be ok. Sorry for the false
alarm.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
Author - Apache Administrator's Guide

Re: XML->HTML

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
Rich Bowen wrote:
> Now that Mozilla is refusing to display XML, I tried the conversion
> processe.

I'd really like to figure out why this isn't working in Mozilla.  Is it
just the apache docs, or is mozilla not working at all for xslt at the
moment?  Personally, I've had near zero success with it for a long time.

> Is it *supposed* to convert all the docs all over again? That seems
> undesirable.

Which method are you using?  The "recommended" technique is build.sh,
which calls ant.  It should not regenerate docs that don't change.

> The 'site' cvs repository has a different conversion process. Is there
> any chance we can all agree on something, and not have to remember
> several different ways to do this?

site and httpd-site use anakia, while the docs use xslt.  I am
relatively transformation-agnostic.  I'm sure the existing stuff could
be implimented in anakia, but then you would lose the ability to preview
in browsers (which still works, at least, in IE6).  I have no objections
to anyone working to improve the transformation system, just as long as
we don't move backwards.

> I know it is a little late to start bitching about this, but I've been
> just using Mozilla as an xml viewer up til now.

Feel free to bitch.  Just do it constructively ;-)

Joshua.