Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Jeff Sadowski <je...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/20 18:22:22 UTC

mailing list subscription

is it suppose to be kind of hidden on how to subscribe to the mailing list?

When I go to http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/ (the link
that comes up on a google search for the spark mailing list)

I was able to register on nabble.com with no issues. Then when I tried
posting it says I needed to subscribe to the mailing list and gave a link
to subscribe.
after hitting reply and nothing cumming back I realized something was not
quite right.
to the list instead of what the email was saying
user-allow-subscribe@spark.apache.org.
After sending the email to user-subscribe@spark.apache.org I got back a
proper message that allowed me to join the list.

I'm sure I am not the only one that is getting confused connecting to the
mailing list.

Re: mailing list subscription

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
Nabble is not related to the mailing list, so I think that's the problem.
spark.apache.org -> Community -> Mailing Lists:
http://spark.apache.org/community.html
These instructions from the project website itself are correct.