Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paulo Vitor <fo...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/27 22:28:33 UTC

A problem with tomcat 6.0.18

Hi, is my first question in the list.

I have a problem with tomcat 6.0.18, so, before I used tomcat 6.0.16 and
everything works fine, but when I upgrade to tomcat 6.0.18 the line
<c:forEach begin="1" end="#{unidadeAdm.tamCk}"> gives me a exception.

Cannot convert 20 of type class java.lang.Integer to class java.lang.Number.

I don't know what happens, but I have to use tomcat 6.0.18 and not
6.0.169 version.

Thanks and sorry for the bad english.

Re: A problem with tomcat 6.0.18

Posted by Paulo Vitor <fo...@gmail.com>.
Oh realy, sorry, I put the class in endorsed paste of tomcat and every thing
works fine!! thanks for the help!

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Paulo Vitor <fo...@gmail.com>.
exactly, so, wich change you make in this class? where I get this class?thanks
a lot!

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <

Posted by Paulo Vitor <fo...@gmail.com>.
OK! thanks a lot!!!

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Paulo Vitor <fo...@gmail.com>.
yeah, now everything works fine! But your only change been remove the
method:  final coerceToNumber(final Number number, final Class type); ?

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 7:42 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Paulo Vitor <fo...@gmail.com>.
I dont receive this update! I only received the email at 12:55

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Paulo Vitor <fo...@gmail.com>.
O sorry, I get the class in the source of tomcat, so which modifications I
have to do in this class?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Paulo Vitor [mailto:foxpv213@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: A problem with tomcat 6.0.18
>
> if I change the property end from Integer to Long, than works.

That's a workaround, but not a proper fix.  I'm still working on updating ELSupport.java to better handle arbitrary Number classes, but it's proving to be tricky.

 - Chuck

Re: A problem with tomcat 6.0.18

Posted by Paulo Vitor <fo...@gmail.com>.
if I change the property end from Integer to Long, than works.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Caldarale, Charles R <

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Paulo Vitor <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, in other app I get one error little different bu referent the same
class.

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.lang.Long
	org.apache.el.lang.ELSupport.compare(ELSupport.java:81)
	org.apache.el.parser.AstGreaterThan.getValue(AstGreaterThan.java:45)
	org.apache.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:186)
	com.sun.facelets.el.TagValueExpression.getValue(TagValueExpression.java:71)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.TagAttribute.getObject(TagAttribute.java:233)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.TagAttribute.getBoolean(TagAttribute.java:79)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.jstl.core.IfHandler.apply(IfHandler.java:49)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.CompositeFaceletHandler.apply(CompositeFaceletHandler.java:47)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.jstl.core.ForEachHandler.apply(ForEachHandler.java:175)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.CompositeFaceletHandler.apply(CompositeFaceletHandler.java:47)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentHandler.applyNextHandler(ComponentHandler.java:314)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentHandler.apply(ComponentHandler.java:169)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.CompositeFaceletHandler.apply(CompositeFaceletHandler.java:47)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.ui.DefineHandler.applyDefinition(DefineHandler.java:64)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.ui.CompositionHandler.apply(CompositionHandler.java:131)
	com.sun.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletContext$TemplateManager.apply(DefaultFaceletContext.java:310)
	com.sun.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletContext.includeDefinition(DefaultFaceletContext.java:280)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.ui.InsertHandler.apply(InsertHandler.java:68)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.CompositeFaceletHandler.apply(CompositeFaceletHandler.java:47)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentHandler.applyNextHandler(ComponentHandler.java:314)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentHandler.apply(ComponentHandler.java:169)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.CompositeFaceletHandler.apply(CompositeFaceletHandler.java:47)
	com.sun.facelets.compiler.NamespaceHandler.apply(NamespaceHandler.java:49)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.CompositeFaceletHandler.apply(CompositeFaceletHandler.java:47)
	com.sun.facelets.compiler.EncodingHandler.apply(EncodingHandler.java:25)
	com.sun.facelets.impl.DefaultFacelet.include(DefaultFacelet.java:248)
	com.sun.facelets.impl.DefaultFacelet.include(DefaultFacelet.java:294)
	com.sun.facelets.impl.DefaultFacelet.include(DefaultFacelet.java:273)
	com.sun.facelets.impl.DefaultFaceletContext.includeFacelet(DefaultFaceletContext.java:144)
	com.sun.facelets.tag.ui.CompositionHandler.apply(CompositionHandler.java:113)
	com.sun.facelets.compiler.NamespaceHandler.apply(NamespaceHandler.java:49)
	com.sun.facelets.compiler.EncodingHandler.apply(EncodingHandler.java:25)
	com.sun.facelets.impl.DefaultFacelet.apply(DefaultFacelet.java:95)
	com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.buildView(FaceletViewHandler.java:524)
	com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.renderView(FaceletViewHandler.java:567)
	org.ajax4jsf.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.renderView(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:108)
	org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxViewHandler.renderView(AjaxViewHandler.java:189)
	com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:109)
	com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:100)
	com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:139)
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:266)
	org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:147)
	org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:276)
	org.ajax4jsf.Filter.doFilter(Filter.java:175)
	br.gov.pbh.mcp.is.filter.EncodingFilter.doFilter(EncodingFilter.java:33)
	org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:265)
	org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:124)
	org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:271)
	org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
	org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
	org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149)
	org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
	org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.java:111)
	org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:75)

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
same here

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Paulo Vitor <fo...@gmail.com>.
Ok, here is the test case! Remember, on tomcat 6.0.18!
http://rapidshare.com/files/214651452/dldNew.war.html

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
Paulo Vitor wrote:
> [...]
> 	org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
> 	org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:249)
> 	org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:275)
> 	org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:149)
> 	org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
> 	org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter.java:111)
>

> 	org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:75)
>
> And the test is simple, just put one c:foreach in a xhtml page like this:
> <c:forEach begin="1" end="#{unidadeAdm.tamCk}">
> and the tamCk is a property of unidadeAdm bean. In tomcat 6.0.18 you will se

this is not a test case.
please make a small webapp (test.war) that reproduces this error.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.