Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Sowjanya_Reddy <So...@satyam.com> on 2008/02/28 11:35:30 UTC

Regarding:Usage of Derby with Tomcat 5.5.12

Dear Sir/Madam,

          I have installed both tomcat 5.5.26 and respective Derby zip
files. While following the steps to configure I faced the problem
regarding  the tables building and loading.

There, some queries are given to build and load the tables . Actually
what to do with those queries. Where can I run them or add them up to
make the tables build and load values.

Thank You.

Regards,

Sowjanya Reddy

Satyam computers limited

Pune.

DISCLAIMER:

Re: Regarding:Usage of Derby with Tomcat 5.5.12

Posted by "Dockery, Michael E SFC NG NG NGB" <mi...@us.army.mil>.
Of course you can write servlets
  to work with your database
    anyway you like with sql, etc

you can even write a java program
  to read from your old database or spreadsheet
   and import that data into your new derby database tables

I am assuming you did already
	CREATE SCHEMA mySchema
and
	CREATE TABLE mySchema.myTableName(s)...

alternatively
  for the initial loading of data from another database
   you might consider using the ij dos command line tool
     which comes with derby

or using some other graphical database utility