Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fred Lankovic <to...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/20 22:58:00 UTC

What Happen HERE?

When startup tomcat this message appears

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0.3
ERROR reading java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@5bdc50
At Line 21 /web-app/security-constraint/

Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.3

I've been trying to protect a directory with memory
realms, here is mi web.xml, thanks for any help`

web.xml

<web-app>
<display-name>Libreria PDF</display-name>
<description>Developed by Fred Lankovich
</description>
<session-config>
   <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
</session-config>
<security-constraint>
   <web-resource-collection>
       <web-resource-name>Libreria
PDF</web-resource-name>
       <url-pattern>admin/*</url-pattern>
   </web-resource-collection>
   <auth-constraint>
       <role-name>pdfuser</role-name>
   </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>
<login-config>
  <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
  <real-name>Libreria PDF</realm-name>
</login-config>
</web-app>

Re: What Happen HERE?

Posted by Neale Rudd <ne...@metawerx.net>.
Hi Fred,

This error is caused by a problem in the web.xml file and
the full error can be seen in the webapp loader log files.
If you have not overridden this with a <Logger> tag, then
the file will be named catalina_somedate.log in your
CATALINA_HOME/logs folder.  That error will tell you
exactly what is going wrong.

Best Regards,
Neale Rudd
metawerx