Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Alan Halley <al...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/19 16:38:11 UTC

WebResponse problems

Hi,

I am having problems with com.meterware.httpunit.WebResponse. The
getTitle,getText methods all return an empty string.

The response object is valid as can be seen by the output below.

     [java] 2002-02-19 13:52:23,489 DEBUG (BaseLog.java:199)- <doPost
    [junit] Title is
    [junit] [Lcom.meterware.httpunit.WebLink;@fb1f7
    [junit]
    [junit] Response Object is [headers={CONTENT-TYPE=text/html,
SET-COOKIE2=JSESSIONID=vojozv4l72;V
ersion=1;Discard;Path="/test", SERVLET-ENGINE=Tomcat Web Server/3.2.3
(JSP 1.1; Servlet 2.2; Java 1.
3.1_01; Windows 2000 5.0 x86; java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.),
SET-COOKIE=JSESSIONID=vojozv4l72;P
ath=/test}]
    [junit] Tests run: 7, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 42.682
sec

I am using cactus 2.2 with Tomcat 3.2.3. I believe this is probably a
configuration issue but can't track it down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alan Halley

RE: WebResponse problems

Posted by Deryl Seale <de...@acm.org>.
This is, in fact, true.  StrutsTestCase is designed to test
whether or not an individual Action subclass behaves as
expected.  Thus, it does not continue testing once it verifies
that the correct forward was issued.

-d.

RE: WebResponse problems

Posted by Nicholas Lesiecki <ni...@eblox.com>.
Alan,

I can't be sure without some digging, but I think the short answer to your
question is that CactusStrutsTestCase does not actually forward to your
eventual destination, it just verifies that the code correctly signaled that
a forward should occur. Thus the request and response never make it to your
final JSP (or whatever outputs your HTML). To verify this, take a look at
the source for CactusStrutsTestCase. It should tell you whether it actually
does any forwarding.

Cheers,

Nick

Posted by Alan Halley <al...@yahoo.com>.

package com.cisco.salesit.tests.ppm.struts;
import java.util.*;
import java.text.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;
import java.net.*;
import java.io.*;
import servletunit.struts.CactusStrutsTestCase;
import junit.framework.*;
import org.apache.log4j.*;
import org.apache.cactus.*;
import com.cisco.salesit.ppm.dataaccessclasses.DBUser;
import com.cisco.salesit.ppm.dataaccessclasses.BusinessEntityDAO;
import com.cisco.salesit.ppm.IConstants;
import com.cisco.salesit.ppm.BusinessEntity;
/**
 *
[...]
 */
{
 private Category  cat = Category.getInstance(TestViewHQDetailsAction.class.getName());
    /**
     * Defines the testcase name for JUnit.
     *
     * @param theName the testcase's name.
     */
    public TestViewHQDetailsAction(String theName)
    {
        super(theName);
    }
    /**