Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Darryl Waterhouse <da...@omsl.net> on 2005/03/03 10:15:29 UTC

Help in MP1 to MP2[Scanned]

Hi All,

First time post to this list, hope this is relevant, and/or doesn't
offend/upset anyone.

I'm in the process of migrating from MP1 to MP2.
MP1 was a static installation (performed by myself), and MP2 obviously
under AP2 is the standard installation under RH EL 4 ES version.
I've followed the migration guidelines as per instruction, but can sill
only get my Handlers running under MP2 if I use the Apache::compat
directive.

Thing is, I want a clean running pacey system, and need to alleviate
this problem.
Now, I've adjusted the httpd.conf and other startup files as I've needed
to, and the issue I have when attempting to fire up Apache is that is
can't find Apache::Constants...
Okay,  okay, I'm aware we now use the more granular distributed name
spaces, and have tried to make adjustments accordingly, using APR:: and
ModPerl:: where I need to.
What I can't quite understand is *why* the handler is still looking for
Apache::Constants?! Or more to the point, where do I look to find this
out?
It's my code, but trying to find out what calls whom is really annoying
me!

Can anyone please shed some light on this issue? Or even point me as to
where precisely to look for this problem?

I'm convinced it's something daft/stupid and I'll kick myself when it is
fixed!

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

best regards,

Darryl Waterhouse

p.s. I'm not a beginner to AP1 or AP2, or compilation, or Linux, only
MP2!!! And I'm utterly convinced I've misread or worse, overlooked
something silly! :)

---
Software Development Manager
Orbis Monitoring Services

t: +44 151 357 7800
m: +44 7810 757546
e: darryl@omsl.net

Suite 3,
Sycamore House,
Lloyd Drive,
Ellesmere Port,
Cheshire,
CH65 9HQ

This email, and or any attachments have been scanned by
Sophos Puremessage. Although the contents are believed to
be free of virus or any other defects, it is still the responsibility
of the recipient to make certain the contents are virus free.

If you have any questions relating to this statement, please
contact the sender of this email.

Re: Help in MP1 to MP2[Scanned]

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Darryl Waterhouse wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> First time post to this list, hope this is relevant, and/or doesn't
> offend/upset anyone.
>
> I'm in the process of migrating from MP1 to MP2.
> MP1 was a static installation (performed by myself), and MP2 obviously
> under AP2 is the standard installation under RH EL 4 ES version.
> I've followed the migration guidelines as per instruction, but can sill
> only get my Handlers running under MP2 if I use the Apache::compat
> directive.
>
> Thing is, I want a clean running pacey system, and need to alleviate
> this problem.
> Now, I've adjusted the httpd.conf and other startup files as I've needed
> to, and the issue I have when attempting to fire up Apache is that is
> can't find Apache::Constants...
> Okay,  okay, I'm aware we now use the more granular distributed name
> spaces, and have tried to make adjustments accordingly, using APR:: and
> ModPerl:: where I need to.
> What I can't quite understand is *why* the handler is still looking for
> Apache::Constants?! Or more to the point, where do I look to find this
> out?
> It's my code, but trying to find out what calls whom is really annoying
> me!

Darryl, add:

   use Carp;
   $SIG{__DIE__} = \&Carp::confess;

somewhere in your code (startup.pl?), and it will show you who wants those
mp1 constants at the point of failure.