Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Tom Bruwier <to...@telenet.be> on 2016/06/23 11:49:31 UTC

numbering of pages

Hello,

In a large text file drawn op in OpenOffice Writer, I would like to number my pages in a “header”.
1) is this possible
2) how do i customize the header so that i can number the pages in the font and fontsize of my choice
3) once all this done, how do I get an automatic numbering as from the first page that gets a number; more concrete: the first pages 7 of the document don’t get numbering, but as from page 8 they all do.

Gratefully awaiting advice,

Tom

Tom Bruwier
Nekkersputstraat 94
9000 Gent
+32(0)475/450334
+32(0)9/3298009
tom.bruwier@telenet.be

Re: numbering of pages

Posted by toki <to...@gmail.com>.
On 23/06/2016 11:49, Tom Bruwier wrote:

> In a large text file drawn op in OpenOffice Writer, I would like to number my pages in a \u201cheader\u201d.
> 1) is this possible

In LibreOffice 5.x (I'm using 5.1.1.4), ">Insert >Page Number"

> 2) how do i customize the header so that i can number the pages in the font and fontsize of my choice

Edit the Page Number character style.

> 3) once all this done, how do I get an automatic numbering as from the first page that gets a number;
> more concrete: the first pages 7 of the document don\u2019t get numbering,
but as from page 8 they all do.

Page Styles
By default, page style "First Page" does no have headers or footers.
Use that page style for the first seven pages.

Page styles "Left Page" and "Right Page", by default, do not have
headers or footers.  Enable headers ">Insert >Headers and Footers
>Headers" then select the appropriate page style.

jonathon

Re: numbering of pages

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 13:49:31 +0200
Tom Bruwier <to...@telenet.be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In a large text file drawn op in OpenOffice Writer, I would like to number my pages in a \u201cheader\u201d.
> 1) is this possible
> 2) how do i customize the header so that i can number the pages in the font and fontsize of my choice
> 3) once all this done, how do I get an automatic numbering as from the first page that gets a number; more concrete: the first pages 7 of the document don\u2019t get numbering, but as from page 8 they all do.
>
> Gratefully awaiting advice,
>
> Tom
>

> Tom Bruwier
> Nekkersputstraat 94
> 9000 Gent
> +32(0)475/450334
> +32(0)9/3298009
> tom.bruwier@telenet.be

There are a number of relevant tutorials on this at
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewforum.php?f=71

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>