Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by eric lin <fs...@centurytel.net> on 2002/12/14 10:58:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: could we use c replace perl in cgi program?

David Z Maze wrote:
> eric lin <fs...@centurytel.net> writes:
>
>>Dear advanced webprogramers or linuxer:
>>
>>   Could we using c replace perl in cgi programming?
>

> Sure, nothing's intrinsically tied to Perl at all.  Look at
> http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/cgi/overview.html for the CGI
> specification, including a listing of the environment variables that
> could be set.
>

>>I tried a simple c program(although it not compile write)
>>to parse the name and value it inherate from visitor hit the submit form
>>
>>------------------------------------------------
>>
>>#include <stdio.h>
>>
>>int main()
>>{
>>          extern char name[][];
>>          extern char value[][];
>>

>>          printf("Content-type: text/html\n\n");
>>          printf("<html><body>\n");
>>          printf("the price fo ", name[1], " equal ", value[1], "\n");
>>          printf("</body></html>");
>>}

> Well, sure, where do you expect name and value to actually be defined?
> (I don't think 'extern' is allowed to modify local variables in any
> case.)  You also might look for C CGI libraries if this would make you
> happy; there seems to be a libcgicg1-dev package in unstable, which
> appears to provide the right functionality.

may be after I install what you recommand's libcgicg1-dev package
it have test-cgi in my /usr/lib/cgi-bin/  so I change my
/var/www/index.html's form point to it

<form method="POST"   action="http://www.linuxspice.com//cgi-bin/test-cgi">

after I use my browser to hit the submit bottom, it show Forbidden

  You don't have permission to access //cgi-bin/test-cgi on this server.

Apache/1.3.26 Server at default.itsyourdomain.com Port 80

even I chmod 777 test-cgi

need advancer's advice

--