Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com> on 2014/05/22 18:49:10 UTC

Adobe Flash Player Debugger in Chrome on Mac OSX

Are there any flex devs out there that work on a Mac and debug in Chrome?
I've just switched over to developing on a mac, and so far having no luck
being able to use the Debugger in Chrome.  My swf loads, but I can't type in
any text into any of the text inputs in the application.

Has anyone else seen this?  Were you able to get around it?

Using:

Chrome 35.0.1916.114
AFP Debugger 13.0.0.214
Mac OSX 10.9.2

Thanks!

Re: Adobe Flash Player Debugger in Chrome on Mac OSX

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
Sorry, I should have included that in my post.  I have turned off Pepper and
enabled the Debugger in chrome://plugins.

Re: Adobe Flash Player Debugger in Chrome on Mac OSX

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
OK, this is definitely the weirdest thing I've seen.  But if I Right Click
somewhere on the HTML page before I click into the flash window, I can enter
text no problem.  However, if I don't right click at all, or right click in
the html after I've clicked into the flash window, I can't enter any text...
I think this has to be some issue in the way this application is built or in
the swfobject loading it because I don't have this issue when going to
pixlr.  Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this...

Thanks for the previous feedback guys.

Re: Adobe Flash Player Debugger in Chrome on Mac OSX

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
I installed the PPAPI beta version of the debugger, but that didn't solve the
problem.  Interestingly enough, chrome still lists the plugin as NPAPI.

Re: Adobe Flash Player Debugger in Chrome on Mac OSX

Posted by mscharp <mi...@fmr.com>.
That's good news.  I was wondering if they were going to address Google's
deprecation of NPAPI plugins.

Re: Adobe Flash Player Debugger in Chrome on Mac OSX

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Adobe recently pushed a beta of FP 14 that enables debugging for the PPAPI
Flash Player for Chrome.

Release notes [1]
Download link [2]

[1]
http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/shared/air14_flashplayer14_releasenotes.pdf
[2] http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
You have to go in to "chrome:plugins" and disable the Pepper version, then
install the regular version of the debugger. I'm typing from memory, so the
URI may be a bit off... Google is your friend with details ;-)

EdB

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 6:49 PM, mscharp <mi...@fmr.com> wrote:

> Are there any flex devs out there that work on a Mac and debug in Chrome?
> I've just switched over to developing on a mac, and so far having no luck
> being able to use the Debugger in Chrome.  My swf loads, but I can't type
> in
> any text into any of the text inputs in the application.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?  Were you able to get around it?
>
> Using:
>
> Chrome 35.0.1916.114
> AFP Debugger 13.0.0.214
> Mac OSX 10.9.2