Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by yanherrera <ya...@yahoo.es> on 2010/11/18 10:09:05 UTC

Authorization based on XACML

Hello everyone,

  I'm trying to include authorization based on XACML in ServiceMix.

  We have some web service through a CXF-BC and we want to carry out the
authorization through XACML. Is it possible? Is their any tutorial to help
me do it?

Thanks in advance

Juan José

Re: Authorization based on XACML

Posted by "david.brossard" <da...@gmail.com>.
You can create your own Policy Enforcement Point (PEP) for ServiceMix which
will look at the JBI object, extract any value (as Freeman points out) you
need in and map them to XACML attributes. You then need to create a XACML
request and send it to your external authorization service.

Using the same pattern I've written a simple PEP for Apache CXF using
Axiomatics's XACML API.

For instance, in the CXF PEP I wrote, I focus on the
org.apache.cxf.message.Message object. The Authorization call is built as a
handler class which extends
org.apache.cxf.phase.AbstractPhaseInterceptor<Message>.

In the handleMessage(Message message) method, I then start inspecting the
Message object and extracting value I am interested in.

Example:

        // 2. about the resource
        String address =
message.getDestination().getAddress().getAddress().getValue();
        AttributeValue aValue = new StringAttribute(address);
        Attribute resourceAddress = new
com.axiomatics.xacml.ctx.Attribute(URI.create("com.apache.cxf:address"),
issuer, aValue);
        resourceAttributes.add(resourceAddress);

Once you've collected all the XACML attributes you are interested in, you
can create the request to the AuthZ service.

David. [http://www.webfarmr.eu]

Re: Authorization based on XACML

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't know so much about XACML, but if it's element stored in soap
message, then you can always extract it  and write a custom
interceptor to save it in JBI MessageExchange as property, which could
be used later anywhere in JBI container.

We have several threads  on this maillinglist to discuss how to do it
with ws-security headers, you may need search and see if it helps for
your scenario,

Freeman
On 2010-11-18, at 下午5:09, yanherrera wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
>  I'm trying to include authorization based on XACML in ServiceMix.
>
>  We have some web service through a CXF-BC and we want to carry out
> the
> authorization through XACML. Is it possible? Is their any tutorial
> to help
> me do it?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Juan José