Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/17 18:55:59 UTC

are there any changes to radioGroup and AjaxFormChoiceComponentUpdatingBehavior on wickte 7?

Hi,

I have a bootstrap based component that uses a RadioGroup
+ AjaxFormChoiceComponentUpdatingBehavior. This was working perfectly fine
on wicket 6. Now is no loger working with wicket 7. Are there any (obvious)
changes on the way RadioGroup works that might be preventing it from
working?

--
Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: are there any changes to radioGroup and AjaxFormChoiceComponentUpdatingBehavior on wickte 7?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Ernesto,

We are fully aware of this!
That's why the migration guide is split into "API breaks" and "Behavior
changes".
API breaks usually are easy to fix because the compiler complains about
them.
Behavior changes are not problem for Semantic Versioning but we postpone
them to major versions because of what you have said below - they are
silent and more hard to be debugged.
For all of them there is a respective discussion thread at dev@ - whether,
when and how to do them.
I know that most people are busy with their own business and family (me
included!) and don't have time to participate in discussions,
brainstorming, testing but this process is the best we can do at the
moment.
Any ideas for improving the process are always welcome!

I hope that we will release 8.0.0-M1 soon so more people like you can give
it a try and report issues and ideas for improvements before we freeze the
code for API breaks.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Tobias,

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Ernesto,

I think as long as the third party library is not Wicket 7.0 proofed you should use it careful. Because of this the migration guide is very useful - each framework should be checked when upgrade a major version.

Even on OS level there is a requirement note and sometimes API changes have impact on applications and their complete compatibility.

kind regards

Tobias

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Martin,