Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> on 2005/06/23 22:43:31 UTC

[NOTICE] SVN migration completed

The migration of the xml-fop CVS module to Subversion is completed. The
CVS module is now read-only. All commits need to happen on SVN from now
on.

Base SVN URL for FOP:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/

FOP's trunk is at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/

Fop's maintenance branch is at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/fop-0_20_2-maintain/

ViewCVS link:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xmlgraphics/fop/

More information on Subversion@ASF:
http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html

A must-read, the Subversion 1.1 book:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Subversion for CVS users:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/apa.html

Next tasks:
- Identify old branches and tags that we don't need and can remove.
- Update our website that we're using Subversion now.

If anyone has any problems, just shout! Have fun and hack away!

Jeremias Maerki

Re: [NOTICE] SVN migration completed

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
did you try using https instead of http? that should do it.

On Jun 23, 2005, at 7:10 PM, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Jeremias/Another committer,
>
> For SVN access, I'm trying to use TortoiseSVN right now.  (I can log
> into svn.apache.org using Putty without problem.)  Also, I can easily
> check out FOP -- but it seems to be checking out the files as
> "anonymous" because I can't make any commits using Tortoise (I get 403
> forbidden errors).  Does anyone know how I can check out with my
> username/password with TortoiseSVN so it will let me do commits?  The
> manual[1] is not giving me any indication of how to do this.
>
> Thanks,
> Glen
>
> [1] http://tortoisesvn.sourceforge.net/docs/release/TortoiseSVN_en.pdf
>

> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
>> The migration of the xml-fop CVS module to Subversion is completed.
>> The
>> CVS module is now read-only. All commits need to happen on SVN from
>> now
>> on.
>>
>> Base SVN URL for FOP:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/
>>
>> FOP's trunk is at:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/
>>
>> Fop's maintenance branch is at:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/fop-0_20_2-
>> maintain/
>>
>> ViewCVS link:
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xmlgraphics/fop/
>>
>> More information on Subversion@ASF:
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html
>>
>> A must-read, the Subversion 1.1 book:
>> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
>>
>> Subversion for CVS users:
>> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/apa.html
>>
>> Next tasks:
>> - Identify old branches and tags that we don't need and can remove.
>> - Update our website that we're using Subversion now.
>>

>> If anyone has any problems, just shout! Have fun and hack away!
>>

>> Jeremias Maerki

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay
--
<th...@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>
- HH The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

Re: [NOTICE] SVN migration completed

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
On 23.06.2005 23:10:40 Simon Pepping wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 10:43:31PM +0200, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > The migration of the xml-fop CVS module to Subversion is completed. The
> > CVS module is now read-only. All commits need to happen on SVN from now
> > on.
> >
> > Base SVN URL for FOP:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/
> >
> > FOP's trunk is at:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/
> >
> > Fop's maintenance branch is at:
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/fop-0_20_2-maintain/
>
> For access with subversion the above links should use the https
> protocol.

Right. Sorry about that. The http links only work for read-only/public access.

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 23, 2005, at 2:10 PM, Simon Pepping wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 10:43:31PM +0200, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>> The migration of the xml-fop CVS module to Subversion is completed.
>> The
>> CVS module is now read-only. All commits need to happen on SVN from
>> now
>> on.
>>
>> Base SVN URL for FOP:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/
>>
>> FOP's trunk is at:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/
>>
>> Fop's maintenance branch is at:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/fop-0_20_2-
>> maintain/
>
> For access with subversion the above links should use the https
> protocol.
>
> Regards, Simon

anonymous access should work fine with the above (assuming it's set up
the same way as SVN access to the XML Graphics web site), but we can't
commit without https...

:-p

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay

Posted by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.nl>.
On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 10:43:31PM +0200, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> The migration of the xml-fop CVS module to Subversion is completed. The
> CVS module is now read-only. All commits need to happen on SVN from now
> on.
>
> Base SVN URL for FOP:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/
>
> FOP's trunk is at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/
>
> Fop's maintenance branch is at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/fop-0_20_2-maintain/

For access with subversion the above links should use the https
protocol.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.nl

Re: [NOTICE] SVN migration completed

Posted by ri...@geoquip-rnd.demon.co.uk.
Jeremias Maerki writes:
 > Looks like Christian is right. The proxy probably coughs at Subversion's
 > special request methods. I've found the FAQ entry in the official SVN
 > FAQ concerning proxies. Maybe this contains an additional idea how to
 > solve this. The first step is probably identifying the brand of the proxy.

Ok. Thanks for the info. That was the problem. It's fixed now,

Richard

Re: [NOTICE] SVN migration completed

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
On 24.06.2005 13:09:33 richardw wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki writes:
>  > > > If anyone has any problems, just shout! Have fun and hack away!
>  > > HELP! (you did say to shout :) )
>  >
>  > Louder!
>  _   _ _____ _     ____  _
> | | | | ____| |   |  _ \| |
> | |_| |  _| | |   | |_) | |
> |  _  | |___| |___|  __/|_|
> |_| |_|_____|_____|_|   (_)

:-) Much better, though I don't know if it helps here:

>  > > bash-2.05b$ svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/ xml-fop
>  >
>  > The command is ok. It works on my Windows box. I copy/pasted it into my
>  > shell.
>  >
>  > > svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
>  > > svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (http://svn.apache.org)
>  >
>  > Seems to be a message from the server. Since it worked for me just now,
>  > could you please try again?
>
> Same response. If I open up http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/ in
> mozilla it works. If I open up http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default it
> comes back with the following:
>
> Conflict
>
> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your
> request.
>
> Please contact the server administrator, infrastructure@apache.org and inform them of
> the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
>
> More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
> Apache/2.1.3-dev (Unix) SVN/1.1.4-dev mod_ssl/2.1.3-dev OpenSSL/0.9.7d DAV/2 Server
> at svn.apache.org Port 80
>
>  > Do you need to use a proxy for HTTP access maybe?
>
> There's a transparent http proxy running, but it hasn't caused any problems with anything
> else.

Looks like Christian is right. The proxy probably coughs at Subversion's
special request methods. I've found the FAQ entry in the official SVN
FAQ concerning proxies. Maybe this contains an additional idea how to
solve this. The first step is probably identifying the brand of the proxy.

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy

You'd think that with SVN, all the CVS+Firewall problems would go away,
but you get SVN+Proxy problems in return. Sigh.

>  > If you double-click the HTTP URL, does the browser open it?
>
> Yes. See above,
>
> Richard

Good luck anyway. Let us know if it helps.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Friday, June 24, 2005 10:34 AM -0700 Paul Querna <pq...@apache.org>
wrote:

>>  > Do you need to use a proxy for HTTP access maybe?
>>
>> There's a transparent http proxy running, but it hasn't caused any
>> problems with anything else.
>>
>>  > If you double-click the HTTP URL, does the browser open it?
>>
>> Yes. See above,
>
> Have you tried using https:// urls instead of http:// ?

FWIW, most transparent proxies don't properly support WebDAV methods.
Therefore, you need to bypass it or disable it - as Paul says, an easy way
is to use https instead.  And, if you are a committer, you have to use SSL
anyway in order to check in your changes.  (http is read-only.)  -- justin

Re: [NOTICE] SVN migration completed

Posted by Paul Querna <pq...@apache.org>.
richardw@geoquip-rnd.demon.co.uk wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki writes:
>  > > > If anyone has any problems, just shout! Have fun and hack away!
>  > > HELP! (you did say to shout :) )
>  >
>  > Louder!
>  _   _ _____ _     ____  _
> | | | | ____| |   |  _ \| |
> | |_| |  _| | |   | |_) | |
> |  _  | |___| |___|  __/|_|
> |_| |_|_____|_____|_|   (_)
>
>  > > bash-2.05b$ svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/ xml-fop
>  >
>  > The command is ok. It works on my Windows box. I copy/pasted it into my
>  > shell.
>  >
>  > > svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
>  > > svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (http://svn.apache.org)
>  >
>  > Seems to be a message from the server. Since it worked for me just now,
>  > could you please try again?
>
> Same response. If I open up http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/ in
> mozilla it works. If I open up http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default it
> comes back with the following:
>
> Conflict
>
> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your
> request.
>
> Please contact the server administrator, infrastructure@apache.org and inform them of
> the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
>
> More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
> Apache/2.1.3-dev (Unix) SVN/1.1.4-dev mod_ssl/2.1.3-dev OpenSSL/0.9.7d DAV/2 Server
> at svn.apache.org Port 80
>
>  > Do you need to use a proxy for HTTP access maybe?
>
> There's a transparent http proxy running, but it hasn't caused any problems with anything
> else.
>
>  > If you double-click the HTTP URL, does the browser open it?
>
> Yes. See above,

Have you tried using https:// urls instead of http:// ?

-Paul

Re: [NOTICE] SVN migration completed

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 6/24/05, richardw@geoquip-rnd.demon.co.uk
<ri...@geoquip-rnd.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki writes:
>  > > > If anyone has any problems, just shout! Have fun and hack away!
>  > > HELP! (you did say to shout :) )
>  >
>  > Louder!
>  _   _ _____ _     ____  _
> | | | | ____| |   |  _ \| |
> | |_| |  _| | |   | |_) | |
> |  _  | |___| |___|  __/|_|
> |_| |_|_____|_____|_|   (_)
>
>  > > bash-2.05b$ svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/ xml-fop
>  >
>  > The command is ok. It works on my Windows box. I copy/pasted it into my
>  > shell.
>  >
>  > > svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
>  > > svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (http://svn.apache.org)
>  >
>  > Seems to be a message from the server. Since it worked for me just now,
>  > could you please try again?
>
> Same response. If I open up http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/ in
> mozilla it works. If I open up http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default it
> comes back with the following:

Which version of subversion do you have installed?  (svn --version)

> Conflict

This seems normal, nothing wrong with the failure to see the vcc over
http I think. It's not meant to be seen (no idea what it is though).

>  > Do you need to use a proxy for HTTP access maybe?
>
> There's a transparent http proxy running, but it hasn't caused any problems with anything
> else.

Some point it might be worth turning it off to see if it fixes things
(if you can).

Hen

Jeremias Maerki writes:
 > > > If anyone has any problems, just shout! Have fun and hack away!
 > > HELP! (you did say to shout :) )
 >
 > Louder!
 _   _ _____ _     ____  _
| | | | ____| |   |  _ \| |
| |_| |  _| | |   | |_) | |
|  _  | |___| |___|  __/|_|
|_| |_|_____|_____|_|   (_)

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Jeremias Maerki schrieb:
> On 24.06.2005 10:50:20 richardw wrote:

[..]

>>svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
>>svn: REPORT of '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (http://svn.apache.org)
>
> Seems to be a message from the server. Since it worked for me just now,
> could you please try again?
>
>>bash-2.05b$ svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/ xml-fop
>>svn: Unrecognized URL scheme 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk'
>
> HTTPS only works for committers who have a login. You need to use HTTP.

No, checking out via https should work if the client has https support.

---------------------------------------
chrisg@isupc14:~/tmp$ svn --version
svn, Version 1.2.0 (r14790)
   übersetzt Jun 14 2005, 06:31:37

Copyright (C) 2000-2005 CollabNet.
Subversion ist Open Source Software, siehe http://subversion.tigris.org/
Dieses Proukt enthält von CollabNet entwickelte Software.
(http://www.collab.net/)

Die folgenden ZugriffsModule (ZM) für Projektarchive stehen zur Verfügung:

* ra_dav : Modul zum Zugriff auf ein Projektarchiv über das WebDAV
(DeltaV) Protokoll
  - behandelt 'http' Schema
  - behandelt 'https' Schema
* ra_svn : Modul zum Zugriff auf ein Projektarchiv über das svn
Netzwerkprotokoll
  - behandelt 'svn' Schema
* ra_local : Modul zum Zugriff auf ein Projektarchiv auf der lokalen
Festplatte
  - behandelt 'file' Schema
------------------------------------

I think ra_dav handles https is needed

> Do you need to use a proxy for HTTP access maybe? If you double-click
> the HTTP URL, does the browser open it?

Sounds like a proxy issue:
http://www.mail-archive.com/jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg00959.html

Christian

Re: [NOTICE] SVN migration completed

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
On 24.06.2005 10:50:20 richardw wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki writes:
>  > The migration of the xml-fop CVS module to Subversion is completed. The
>  > CVS module is now read-only. All commits need to happen on SVN from now
>  > on.
>  >
>  > Base SVN URL for FOP:
>  > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/
>  >
>  > FOP's trunk is at:
>  > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/
>
>  > If anyone has any problems, just shout! Have fun and hack away!
>
> HELP! (you did say to shout :) )

Louder!

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 23, 2005, at 3:12 PM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>> - Find out how to do the repo snapshots from now on.

We might ask the Forrest folk about how to set this up, as they appear
to have that capability:

http://forrest.apache.org/mirrors.cgi#svn

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
On 23.06.2005 23:32:38 Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> On 23.06.2005 22:43:31 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > Next tasks:
> > - Identify old branches and tags that we don't need and can remove.
> > - Update our website that we're using Subversion now.
> I'm working on that one.

Will finish that after a good night's sleep tomorrow, uh, today.

> Additional tasks:
> - Inform users about the new way of getting the source code.
done.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.