Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Aurélien Bénel <au...@utt.fr> on 2014/10/28 19:23:06 UTC

First steps with CouchDB 2.0

Hi folks,

I understand that CouchDB 2.0 documentation is still to be written,
but do you know if there is a minimal survival kit somewhere on the Web?

1. I already found on BigCouch Web pages how to fix the "Can't set long node name!" error.

2. Apache 2.0 is now listening. But I can see neither `/_utils/` nor `/_utils/fauxton/` on ports 5984 and 5986.
   Has Fauxton gone anywhere else? Or is it a special "module" to enable first?

Regards,

Aurélien

Re: First steps with CouchDB 2.0

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
Keep in mind that Futon is going away with 2.0. Don't get comfortable with it :)

If you find things in Fauxton that you can't do, that you use to do in Futon, please post here (or better yet, file a bug!)

-Joan

> 2. Apache 2.0 is now listening. But I can see neither `/_utils/` nor `/_utils/fauxton/` on ports 5984 and 5986.
>   Has Fauxton gone anywhere else? Or is it a special "module" to enable first?

I found them. In fact, `share/www` hasn't been copied by `make install`.

I copied `www` by hand in `/opt/couchdb/share` and now Futon and Fauxton seems to be back :)

Posted by Aurélien Bénel <au...@utt.fr>.