Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dan North <da...@wirestation.com> on 2000/05/16 11:13:52 UTC

Orion 1.0 rc1 and Cocoon 1.7.3 - SOLVED!

Thanks to Paul Russell and various hints from people on the #cocoon-users
channel, I found out why I was getting the NullPointerException from Orion on
the sample pages:

<hint cocoon-version="1.7.3" faq="true">
    The properties path must be relative to the
</hint>

<hint app-server="orion" version="1.0rc1">
  The WEB-INF directory is for server meta-data, so it is protected from
  the outside world (and any servlets), so this is the WRONG place to keep
  your cocoon.properties file.
</hint>

<solution>
  I created a directory called Cocoon in the context root, and put the
  cocoon-properties file there, then added the following to my web.xml:
  <code-snippet>
	<servlet>
		<servlet-name>cocoon</servlet-name>
		<servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
		<init-param>
			<param-name>properties</param-name>
			<param-value>/Cocoon/cocoon.properties</param-value>
		</init-param>
	</servlet>
  </code-snippet>
</solution>

<undying-gratitude>
  Thanks to everyone's patience on the list and the people who wandered
  into #cocoon-users on IRCNet
</undying-gratitude>

--
Dan North <ma...@wirestation.com>