Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Br...@wellsfargo.com on 2008/06/18 15:52:19 UTC

Redhat patch level cheatsheet?

Anyone have a link to a cheatsheet that translates RedHat Enterprise's
backported patch levels for Apache products to Apache Tomcat's original
patch levels?  I'm not able to find it via Google or RHN.

Thanks in advance!
Brandie

RE: Redhat patch level cheatsheet?

Posted by Peter Crowther <Pe...@melandra.com>.
> From: Brandie.B.Huber@wellsfargo.com
> I was hoping someone around here was using
> RedHat-sourced Apache products, too.

Several of us try quite hard not to, typically because of these repackaging problems and black holes.  I've moved away from DeadRat packages over the last decade*, simply because I don't know what's in them.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help you in your current situation!

                - Peter

* No, it's not a typo

RE: Redhat patch level cheatsheet?

Posted by Br...@wellsfargo.com.

Thanks, Ben and Steve.  I knew RedHat backported and changed version
numbers, but did not realize they only backported security fixes and not new
functionality.  This goes back to not being able to -find- the documentation
to determine what ends up where.  I was hoping someone around here was using
RedHat-sourced Apache products, too.

Thanks again!

Posted by Steve Ochani <oc...@ncc.edu>.
Date sent:      	Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:57:17 +1000