Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Drew Degentesh <dd...@daed.com> on 2000/04/09 22:39:44 UTC

mod_perl and AuthenDBI headaches

Hello,

My setup is:

	Redhat 6.1 (Linux 2.2.12-20RS )
	Apache 1.3.12 (compiled from source)
	mod_perl: 1.12 (compiled from source)
	ApacheDBI-0.87
	DBI-1.13
	mysql  Ver 9.36 Distrib 3.22.27 (from distribution)
	perl 5.005_03 (from distribution)
	Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2211

I'm pulling my hair out trying to authenticate against a database. I keep
getting a segmentation fault immediately upon trying to connect to a
database (somewhere around line 245 of Apache/AuthDBI.pm). Ive tried tons of
workarounds...

I have no difficulties using DBI in a 'regular' perl script
	(i.e.
		#!/usr/bin/perl
		use DBI;
		DBI->connect( ...
	)

...nor do I have any difficulties with mod_perl in general. Just AuthDBI.

When I compiled mod_perl I used EVERYTHING=1 and ALL_HOOKS=1. I enabled APXS
but mod_perl is not loaded as a dynamic library (though PHP4.0RC1 is...)

Any suggestions/co-lamenters?

Please help!

Drew Degentesh
ddegentesh@daed.com