Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jay Sullivan <no...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/10 17:57:36 UTC

How to include Axis2 modules in self-contained executable jar?

I currently have an Axis2 web service client.  Right now, I've got build.xml
configured to package all of the Axis2 jars along with my client, and the
result is a single executable jar file.  This works fine.

However, I need to load two modules: rampart.mar and addressing.mar.  Right
now, my app loads them (via createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem) from
the repository located at $AXIS2_HOME/repository/. Given that I'd like
everything to be packaged inside my single jar, this creates a problematic
extra external dependency that my users will have to worry about, along with
an environment variable that I'd rather them not have to worry about.

I've tried just including the .mar files in my jar, but it doesn't pick up
on them.  I don't know how to set up a ConfigurationContext that knows to
find the modules in the classpath (a.k.a. in the final jar).

Anyone have any ideas on this?  I've read this article which leads me to
believe it should be possible to do.

--
Jay Sullivan

Re: How to include Axis2 modules in self-contained executable jar?

Posted by Jay Sullivan <no...@gmail.com>.
Oops, the article I mentioned near the end was meant to link to:
http://wso2.org/library/182

--
Jay Sullivan