Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@hyperreal.com> on 1995/05/03 20:10:34 UTC

Re: Documentation of multiple domains on same server

> Dear programmers,
> We have downloaded the software onto a Sparcstation
> running Sun OS 4.1.4; it works great.  However,
> we can find no documentation on how to invoke the
> multiple domain feature (i.e. "www.foo.bar", "www.
> bar.com", "www.etc.com" on the same machine).  We
> have also studied the "two spheres" home page with
> regards to that approach.  We have not been able to
> find an FAQ or any other doc to enable this function
> as of yet with APACHE - could you please direct us
> on what to do next.  Thanks in advance for any help
> you can give us (nice job by the way).
>
> bjl@protocom.com

Sorry for the lack of docs on this. Coming RSN... :-)

Firstly, you must configure your server machine to be able to
accept IP packets for multiple addresses either through the
'ifconfig alias' flag, or through kernel changes to support
VIF. There are some pages for SunOS floating around the net
for VIF support.

Next, add the following entry to httpd.conf. It should "just work".

# Virtual Host Config
<VirtualHost www.foo.com>
ServerAdmin webmaster@www.foo.com
DocumentRoot /www/docs/foo.com