Posted to dev@etch.apache.org by Martin Veith <Ma...@bmw-carit.de> on 2013/03/27 23:30:18 UTC

RE: Get notified of session / connection status (SessionNotify)

Hi Aaron,

in the CPP binding the forwarding of session events to the user code has not been implemented yet. There was a TODO for that in EtchStubBase class.

I compiled a quick patch (0001-ETCH-267) for that which forwards only the sessionNotify events. In the patch 0002 I have shown how to use it in the HelloWorld example.
I'm going to write a "nicer" patch (which forwards every event and does some more checks) and commit it asap.

Let us know if the patches solve your problem.

Regards,
Martin

On Mar 26, 2013, at 7:55 AM, Aaron.Frueh@partner.bmw.de wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I was wondering, if there is a possibility to track you current connection. In the C-Binding it was possible to get the "onSessionNotify" event.
> Of course i would get an exception as soon as i try to send a message to a already closed connection but it would be nice to get notified when e.g. the
> connection was lost.
>
> How is this handled in the CPP-Binding or the Java-Binding?
>
> Kind regards,
> Aaron

Re: Get notified of session / connection status (SessionNotify)

Posted by Aa...@partner.bmw.de.
Thanks Martin,

I will check the Patch as soon as possible and let you know.

Regards,
Aaron