Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tia Haenni <th...@kc.rr.com> on 2001/07/26 19:20:33 UTC

Upgrading tomcat

Has anyone gone from 3.2.1 up to 3.3? Does it require a complete uninstall
of previous versions? Is it best to go with 3.3 or wait for 4.0? Thanks,

Tia

RE: Upgrading tomcat

Posted by Tia Haenni <th...@kc.rr.com>.
Exactly! I know I need to upgrade from 3.2.1. I heard 3.3.2 fixed some
security issues. Just when I got things running smoothly with 3.2.1.....here
we go again! Maybe 3.3 or 4.0 will go smoother.

Posted by Tia Haenni <th...@kc.rr.com>.
Well, then, what am I waiting for? Thanks for the input.

Tia

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: Upgrading tomcat

Posted by Charles Baker <ra...@yahoo.com>.

=====
-

Re: Upgrading tomcat

Posted by John Hebert <jo...@vedalabs.com>.

Re: Upgrading tomcat

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Pier P. Fumagalli at pier@betaversion.org wrote:

> Tia Haenni at thaenni@kc.rr.com wrote:
>
>> Has anyone gone from 3.2.1 up to 3.3? Does it require a complete uninstall
>> of previous versions? Is it best to go with 3.3 or wait for 4.0? Thanks,
>
> 3.3 is still under heavy development (I believe they reached their first
> milestone lately, but no beta versions yet), while 4.0 (at its 6th beta) can
> be considered fairly stable and complete.

FIRST->FOURTH... Sorry :)

    Pier

Re: Upgrading tomcat

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.