Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Jan Kriesten <ja...@renitence.de> on 2007/11/07 14:13:27 UTC

String-Manipulation

Hi,

is it possible to do some String manipulation within sqlMap?

I want to create a generalized filter statement, which e.g. can handle
date-comparisons. As to do so, I need to know what type of comparision should be
used.

Given a parameter 'fromPublished' I would have to compare values >= field
'Published'. What I need is to a) to compare 'startsWith( "from" )' and b)
extract the requested field 'Published'.

Or is there a smarter way of doing this?

Best regards, --- Jan.