Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by lyall <Ly...@The-Pearces.com> on 2009/03/10 05:37:07 UTC

Using admin web page to test messaging

I am new to ApacheMQ and I am fiddling with the admin console
(http://localhost:8161/admin)

I create a Queue on one instance, on a separate machine, I create the same
Queue.
I then use 'Send To' to send a test message between the two machines.
Is it me or the web page 'Consumer' doesn't rate as a 'consumer' and does
not trigger transport of the message between the two servers?
Can't I simply click the 'Queues' link and see the number of pending
messages increase?
Also, if I use the web console and view a message that was generated on the
other server, if I 'delete' it, how come it still shows on the original
server as a pending? I thought Queues (as opposed to Topics) deleted upon
consumption and that deleting, using the admin console, would be considered
consumption.
Am I missing a fundamental concept here?
Please help.

...Lyall