Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Annick Collet <An...@eumetsat.int> on 2006/07/12 07:58:15 UTC

echo in post-commit hook

Dear all,

I would like a msg to be sent to users under certain condition.
In post-commit hook:
I test the condition with svnlook.
then I use
echo 1>&2 'message'
Unfortunately the msg is not displayed . Any idea why ?

Re: echo in post-commit hook

Posted by Johannes Holzer <hl...@arcor.de>.
Annick Collet schrieb:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like a msg to be sent to users under certain condition.
> In post-commit hook:
> I test the condition with svnlook.
> then I use
> echo 1>&2 'message'
> Unfortunately the msg is not displayed . Any idea why ?

The post-commit hook is executed on the server.  So, you probably print
to /dev/null on you svn Server. Your User won't see anything.
If your users need feedback, you may write them a mail from the
post-commit hook....

johannes