Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Christoph Walzer <wa...@users.sourceforge.net> on 2006/03/16 19:32:23 UTC

encoding problem

Hi,

we're using tomcat 5.5 / turbine 2.3 on Linux/JDK 1.5_05. The
encoding of the DefaultParameterParser is US-ASCII instead of
UTF-8, although the latter is specified in TR.properties
(services.VelocityService.input.encoding=UTF-8,
locale.default.charset=UTF-8). The encoding filter param of the
RequestEncodingFilter in web.xml is also set to UTF-8.  Never the
less all requests are understood as US-ASCII encoded, which is
not what we want. The strange thing is: with tomcat 4.1.31
everything works well. Did anybody come across this problem?
Does anybody know the reason?  Thanx in advance.

Best Regards
Christoph Walzer