Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Dave Everson <dj...@mygolftrac.com> on 2001/11/09 21:44:46 UTC

Invalid Login

Hi -

With the newapp web application, if I enter an invalid userid/password the web app does NOT stay on the login page with a message to the user indicating that the login attempt failed.  The web app does display the default layout that includes a navigation menu.  I don't want this to happen in my application,  if there is an invalid login I want the user to remain on the login page until a correct login is entered.  I don't like the idea of showing the navigation menu on an invalid login because I plan on changing the options on the menu based on the rights assigned to the user.  Can anyone help me out here.  I tried changing the TR.props file with no luck.

Thanks!
Dave

Re: Invalid Login

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 11/9/01 7:40 PM, "Dave Everson" <dj...@mygolftrac.com> wrote:

> I found another message that instructs people to download a new flux.jar
> file.  The URL for this jar is invalid.  In that same message, it also
> instructs people to remove the flux class files from the webapp directory.
> I did this and restarted.  Everything is working as expected right now.
>
> I think we need a better way of getting releases out to developers.  I think
> putting daily or weekly binaries is a good step in the right direction.

I asked this morning for nightly builds to find their way to the website. I
will also ask for the other turbine jars as well.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons

Re: Invalid Login

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 11/9/01 7:35 PM, "Jason van Zyl" <jv...@zenplex.com> wrote:

> On 11/9/01 7:17 PM, "Dave Everson" <dj...@mygolftrac.com> wrote:

> I have asked Sam Ruby to put the binaries created by the daily gump runs on
> the apache website so people can get the bug fixes. I don't have the login
> problem in tambora (which is what I work on all the time) but I'll take a
> look at the sample app now.

I just built and tested a TDK with the jakarta-turbine-2 for the login
problem and it's not there.

You can verify for yourself here:

http://24.157.133.102/newapp/servlet/newapp

If Gump jar doesn't get posted tonight I will manually build a jar that
people can drop into their TDKs until the release gets done.

Re: Invalid Login

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.

Re: Invalid Login

Re: Invalid Login

Re: Invalid Login

Posted by Dave Everson <dj...@mygolftrac.com>.
Thanks for your feedback.  I already have a Login.vm layout that just has a
$screen_placeholder.  When I initially launch the web app, a login page is
displayed with no nagivation.  All I want is for this layout to be used
following an invalid login.

Posted by Terry McBride <tt...@yahoo.com>.