Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/04 20:32:46 UTC

Re: svn commit: r791139 - in /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/jasper/el: ELContextWrapper.java ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.java

2009/7/4  <ma...@apache.org>:
> Author: markt
> Date: Sat Jul  4 15:46:47 2009
> New Revision: 791139

> Log:
> Fix generics warnings
>
> Modified:
>    tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/jasper/el/ELContextWrapper.java
>    tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/jasper/el/ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.java

Eclipse IDE has two complaints after this change (and flags them as
compilation errors), that

* Name clash: The method getContext(Class<?>) of type ELContextWrapper
has the same erasure as getContext(Class) of type ELContext but does
not override it
* Name clash: The method putContext(Class<?>, Object) of type
ELContextWrapper has the same erasure as putContext(Class, Object) of
type ELContext but does not override it

It can be solved by updating declarations of those methods in class ELContext,
s/ Class / Class<?> /

Maybe you have already done so, but have not committed yet?

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2009/7/5 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
> Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>
>> Fixed it myself, in rev.791186. Don't worry.
>
> Thanks, but I am going to have to revert. Those are spec classes. I
> should not have made my original change.

Oh, I see that now.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

> Fixed it myself, in rev.791186. Don't worry.

Thanks, but I am going to have to revert. Those are spec classes. I
should not have made my original change.

Mark

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.