Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "Wilde, Donald" <dw...@sandia.gov> on 2005/12/14 15:40:33 UTC

[! !] and [- -], maximums for $row and $col

I was using [! !] to load my modules, and I added my subroutines in
there as well. However, I've discovered that that does not work. My
subroutines (particularly sorts) sometimes work and sometimes don't,
producing very strange behavior. There are no errors, but sometimes my
$row-created <SELECT>s

On another note, $row and $col have (in 1.3.6) very limited maximum
values. Is that modifiable behavior?
--
Don Wilde    Org 01737    505-844-1126
Someday we'll look back on this moment and plow into a parked car. -

RE: [! !] and [- -], maximums for $row and $col

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I was using [! !] to load my modules, and I added my
> subroutines in there as well.

That's the way I use it too and it works for me.

As Derrik pointed out sometimes it's necessary to restart Apache due to the
persistent nature of the Perl interpreter, that normaly should not be
necessary if you change the code inside a page, but if you change code in
Perl modules or in Embperl file that are included via Execute (isa => ...),
that is necessary (sometime you can work around this by using
Apache::Reload) ;

> On another note, $row and $col have (in 1.3.6) very limited
> maximum values. Is that modifiable behavior?

Set $maxrow and $maxcol. This works in 1.3.x and 2.x

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **