Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Manish Malhotra <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/05 02:57:52 UTC

Fwd: Hive HWI ... request for your experience to be used Production

Hi All,

We are exploring HWI to be used in PROD environment for adhoc queries etc.
Want to check out in the hive community that can somebody share there
experience while using the HWI in prod or any environment in terms of its
stability and performance.
Also evaluating to enhance to make it more useful with different features.

Thanks for your time and help !!

Regards,
Manish

Re: Hive HWI ... request for your experience to be used Production

Posted by Qiang Wang <ws...@gmail.com>.
I know little about Oozie, but we will study it and review the issue.
Thanks for you advice !

About query compilation before scheduling, we planned to implement it later.

As we want to contribute this HWI back to hive community, Apache Licence
may will be used. So feel free to help implement these usefull feature.

Regards,
QIang

Posted by Qiang Wang <ws...@gmail.com>.
Before running queries, a compile method will be called in class
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver. I think we can take some useful code out
of this method.

Qiang

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manish Malhotra <ma...@gmail.com>.