Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Dhaval Rami <dh...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/02 22:42:52 UTC

Query Union of two or more tables

Hi All,

I am planning to create monthly tables in my phoenix installation. The
reason for creating monthly tables is to be easily able to delete old data,
by just dropping a table for oldest month. All tables are supposed to have
same structure.
But having multiple tables makes it complex to query data across tables.
So is it possible to create a view ( union of two tables )  so can use it
to query data from two months ?
If yes what will the 'create view SQL' look like ?
If not, please suggest a way to solve this problem ? ( worst case my client
can go and query individual tables , but that is an ugly solution )

-Dhaval