Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David J. Graff" <dj...@alltel.net> on 2007/05/13 17:07:50 UTC

Norton Internet Security & Maven 2

Alright after a number of misses trying to make this work I finally went
really low level and figured out what was going on.

I kept getting an exception downloading information from the repository
when starting a new pom.xml.  After executing the definition of insanity
(repeating same process and expecting a different result) I gave up for
a little while.

Afterward, I fired up my network sniffer and attempted to watch port 80
traffic that should be at least generated during this operation.

No traffic at all was showing up.  Finally gave up on it and turned off
the personal firewall ... voila it worked.

I checked the rules for norton and Java (in all of its installed
incarnations) is authorized to run.

I'm assuming that it doesn't like something about java connecting and
getting something but what I'm not sure.

Anyone have any ideas?
--
David J. Graff
djgraff AT alltel DOT net

Re: Norton Internet Security & Maven 2

Posted by "David J. Graff" <dj...@alltel.net>.
I'll attempt to try that ... I'm just not sure if it is going to cover
.cmd/.bat files or not.  As far as I know though the java process is
unrestricted

Posted by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com>.